The past seems to be catching up with me more often these days.

Sometimes I stop and think what life would have, could have been like if things turned out differently. I look back through old photos from yesteryear, knowing that being seventeen again will never be possible, but longing to be there once more none-the-less. I know at the time I called life's bluff by declaring those years a write-off, and that memories tend to garner a somewhat nostalgic view, but I can't help look back longingly at how easy everything seemed, way back when.

I take a trip down memory lane only to discover myself happy.

I guess you don't really take photo's on unhappy occasions, but seeing album upon album from high-school, and particularly all those laughs at maccas really only serves to highlight how unstable I was back then (for not seeing how good things really were). It's strange to see myself smiling comfortably next to someone I haven't even thought about in several years, wondering if I'm ever going to speak to them again.






I just hope I'll look back at this era and think the same.
H.