This is the third attempt at writing this. The first was too specific, enough details to ruin many a surprise. The second was so arrogant even my extreme modestly (joke) was making me cringe. Third time's a charm yes?

So I know that this is probably coming far too late, considering I've heard talk of organising presents for people with birthdays as far off as January, but please, don't buy me anything.

I'd prefer a card with a genuine message over anything any day. The things I want in this life can't be bought with money, and so a simple hug, the obligatory 'happy birthday', and a renewed subscription to your friendship is all I could ask for.

Something with thought  and effort is worth more than anything. See, I have money, I can buy things. I can't buy you.

On the off-chance you're super organised, disregard this message.

H.