There's something I feel I need to confess [amongst other things]....

So although you may [or may not... depending on how well you know me] think I'm strong willed, or something similar, to be honest I'm easily influenced.... PARTICULARLY BY TELEVISION.

It started many years ago, and as I grew older with more freedom [and such more control of my own life] I find it starting to become a little bit of a problem. Most notably last year with the first season of Master Chef, I somehow got myself so absorbed with cooking &c. that I had a whole Christmas In July party [complete with presents and a tree...] just as an excuse to make a croquembouche, amongst other things.

Sometime during year ten when Grey's Anatomy first aired was coincidentally when I decided I wanted to do medicine or similar at uni, and in fact just tonight whilst watching Bondi Vet  I found myself questioning why I hadn't considered being a vet, this was of course before Recruits which instilled a sense of reassurance that, if I don't do so well on the GAMSAT that I can always join the police force. But most ridiculously, owing to the fact that iPrimus (my ISP) has ABCiView unmetered, I've recently been watching a show called 'Grand Designs' which for the ignorant follows a different British couple every week who are on a quest to build their dream house. Tonight's episode featured a Yorkshire couple who bought a 16th century castle's ruins and were rebuilding it to it's former glory. Guess what? My new dream is to live in a castle. This of course, will come after I've made a living working as a surgeon, whilst owning my own restaurant and working as a vet on the weekends.

But you know what the worst of all is, Skins. After every episode (and recovering from the depressing thoughts of how boring my life is compared to them) I feel a compulsive urge to unearth the true rebel within.



H.