What is it about it?

Could it be the room full of sweaty smelly people? surely not.
How about the total exhaustion? I don't think so.
Maybe the rolls of flab bouncing every which way? definately no.

So why do suckers like me fork out $60+ a month to go to a gym, and do exercise, which quite frankly we can get for free everytime we run for that train, carry that wheighty school bag home, or get two more boxes of fries from the freezer?

I'll tell you why; its all to do with the vibe. There is something about those places we call 'gyms'. From the moment you walk thru the door, it washes over you. Like your very own biggest loser. The pumping music, the whur of those crosstrainers, and of course the yelling of the instuctor from the 6:45 body pump class. And despite what people say about gyms, no one judges. So what you can't handle more than 6.5km/h on the mill, or can't lift 36kg on a lateral body press? Everyone starts somewhere, and those very reason are why we go to the gym in the first place.

Having said that, competition always wins out. The satisfaction of running that little bit faster than the person next to you [and of course sneaking a peak at their display], or even just moving the weight setting up.Those are the things which drive you. Your motivation.

That 5 minute walk home makes the $63.54 alone all worth it. The one fleeting moment in my day, where I feel as if I have acomplished something. And then, Happiness; for no reason at all.

And for the record; this blog made me miss the gruen transfer.[and] I just ate a bananasplit, complete with full-fat ice-cream, choc topping, powder, and you know... 1/4 of a block of cadbury's, just cos I can. What a fatty.

Oh and I decided the direction of my life today. har... my desert got more of a mention than that. How ammusing. [and such registered for the UMAT]